CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Paris - Day 2

On day 2 of our trip, we decided to activate our museum passes! We accidentally slept in until 10am so we had room service for breakfast and then we were off. We chose the Louvre as our first museum destination. We saw a majority of the museum exhibits but we definitely didn't see it all (everything closes around 6pm if it's open at all on Sundays here). My favorite part was the exhibits of Napoleon's apartments. Justin hated it but I thought it was really cool to see all the ridiculous furniture and decor that they used. I also thought the old Louvre ruins and moat were cool. We ate lunch at the Carousel du Louvre (a mall underneath the Louvre) and I had a really good eggplant dish from the Italian place. After the Louvre closed, we walked around a bit and ended up walking back to the Arrondisement (neighborhood) that our hotel is in. We stopped in at O'Brien's pub and stayed there for a while. The people that worked there didn't speak French so it was mostly an English-speaking crowd. After an hour or so we left and walked back to our hotel. On the way, we stopped in at the local Chinese place and ordered dinner to go. It was really good but very different from American chinese food! And it was probably the cheapest meal we've had on the trip yet! We are now in the midst of day 3 of our trip so I'll blog about that later (or in the morning).

1 comments:

cheryl said...

have you ever checked your stats on your blog? I did recently and found that people all over the world are reading my blog. I never get any comments so I thought I was the only one. awesome

Post a Comment