CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mini Crustless Pumpkin "Pies"

Today I made a pumpkin pie for G's daycare Thanksgiving feast. And as you may know, last time I made a pumpkin pie, it didn't turn out so well because I over-filled the crust. Well, this time, I made sure NOT to over-fill the crust and ended up with about a half-a-second-pie's worth of filling. Now, I don't like to let things go to waste and my wonderful husband loves pumpkin pie so much that I came up with a little solution to my too-much filling problem on the fly.....individual pumpkin pie souffle things. Ok, not such a great name for these, I know (hence the revised name in the title of this post) and I'm not even sure this qualifies as a souffle since I've never really had one. BUT, I do know that they were pretty freakin' delicious (I have a second opinion to back me up). Here's the "recipe":
- about 3 ramekins worth of pumpkin pie filling (exactly how you would make it for the actual pie)
- 1 1/2 graham crackers (1 for each "pie")

I buttered the dishes, crushed 1 square of graham cracker into the bottom of each, and evenly distributed the filling. I baked these about 40-50 minutes on 350 (similar to the pie baking temp and time) until they were done. Then, I let them cool and topped with whipped cream before eating them. I do have to say, if I were to make these again, I would eliminate the graham cracker part because it didn't add anything to the flavor for me (Justin liked it though). Otherwise, they were really easy and really yummy.
 




0 comments:

Post a Comment